Return to Previous Page
September 3, 2014
Administrative Support 3
Justice and Solicitor General
Are you a team player with an eye for detail and ready for an exciting challenge? If so, this opportunity is for you!
As a Records Technician with the Court of Queen's Bench you will maintain a good working knowledge of the filing system in order to ensure the integrity of the court file. This includes:
- Creating new files as required and storing them in the appropriate location within the Queen's Bench file room.
- Accurately retrieving files as required by the Court, counter staff and administration; along with accurate return of same.
- Excellent attention to detail to ensure the document is being placed on the correct file.
- Ensuring proper charge out operations have been completed when pulling files, replacing in proper location.
The Records Technician will also be responsible for:
- Disposing of Queen's Bench and Provincial Court records by applying appropriate records retention schedule to records of enduring value.
- Preparing the inventory of inactive records.
- Analyzing inventoried records from various records systems and determine operational versus administrative records, enter data in IRIS.
- Ensuring the timely implementation of records schedules for administrative and operational records.
- Processing offsite request to records stored in Alberta Records Centre and Provincial Archives of Alberta utilizing data entry skills on IRIS and Excel spreadsheets.
- Prioritizing workloads utilizing sound time management skills.
Note: Work can be of a repetitive nature and can involve long periods of sitting or standing. Heavy manual work will be required when packing or moving records, involving 30-50 lbs.
High School Diploma plus one year of related experience. Experience with physical file maintenance and records management would be preferred. Knowledge of court processes would be considered an asset. Equivalencies will be considered.
$1,026.27 - $1,248.86 bi-weekly
This is a permanent part-time position (70%). This competition may be used to fill future full-time and part-time temporary or permanent vacancies. Final applicants will be required to undergo a security screening.
How to Apply
Online applications are preferred. If you are unable to submit an electronic version of your resume, please submit your resume, quoting the Job ID to: Kathleen Kane, Alberta Justice and Solicitor General, 1st Floor Bowker Building, 9833 - 109 Street NW, Edmonton, AB, T5K 2E8. Phone: (780) 644-2349; Fax: (780) 422-1330. Applicants who apply online will be able to track the status of their application. Note: As only one file can be uploaded, please ensure your cover letter, resume and any other related documents are submitted in one file.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. Due to the large volume of applicants, we regret we cannot confirm that our office has received resumes.
Please provide a valid e-mail address with your application as your interview invitation will be sent out via e-mail.
Return to Previous Page
Default Local Node: