Return to Previous Page
June 30, 2014
Legal Administration 2
Are you looking for a great opportunity to provide administrative support for the prosecution of criminal and provincial offences? Alberta Crown Prosecution Service has an exciting opportunity for a Legal Assistant in the Specialized Prosecutions Branch.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Drafting, preparing, processing and filing routine court documents.
- Preparing and organizing Trial Books and Exhibit Books.
- Preparing and processing documentation required for search warrant extensions.
- Scheduling witness interviews that may involve attending and taking notes for Crown Prosecutors.
- Preparing witnesses for court by explaining the criminal process, answering questions or concerns, and resolving issues.
- Liaising with policing agencies to ensure that subpoenas have been served.
- Participating in legal research activities at the direction of Crown Prosecutors.
- Utilizing the Justice Online Information Network (JOIN) to verify charges, court dates, assigned prosecutor, locations and subpoenaed witnesses.
- Preparing and organizing disclosure using Law Prediscovery program.
- Using Summation program to manage large case files.
- Maintaining Crown Prosecutors diary and diarization system.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organization and attention to detail skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- The ability to work independently.
A two year Legal Assistant diploma and a minimum of one year related legal experience is required. Experience with Microsoft Office and JOIN will be considered assets. Equivalencies will be considered.
$1,868.66 to $2,297.57 bi-weekly
This is temporary salaried position for a one (1) year term.
Final candidates for this position will be asked to undergo a Security Screening. This competition may be used to fill future permanent and temporary vacancies
How to Apply
Please apply online. If you are unable to submit an electronic version of your resume, please submit your resume, quoting the Job ID, to: Cheryl Stone, Justice and Solicitor General, 2nd Floor, 108 Street Building, 9942 - 108 Street NW, Edmonton, AB, T5K 2J5. Fax: (780) 643-9425. Applicants who apply online will be able to track the status of their application. Note: As only one file can be uploaded, please ensure your cover letter; resume and any other related documents are submitted in one file.
Please provide a valid e-mail address with your application as your interview invitation will be sent out via e-mail.
It is recommended that applicants who have obtained educational credentials from outside of Canada and have not had them previously assessed, obtain an evaluation of their credentials from the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) -
It is recommended that applicants include the assessment certificate from IQAS or any other educational assessment service as part of their application.
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' education and experience best meets the needs of the position. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
If you require any further information on this job posting, please contact Cheryl Stone at (780) 427-0272 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Return to Previous Page
Default Local Node: