Return to Previous Page
July 3, 2014
Human Services Worker 5
Edmonton and Area Children and Family Services (CFS) is looking for an enthusiastic and skilled candidate to work in the rewarding and challenging field of children and youth services. We are looking for someone with an interest in this area to work with us in shaping positive futures for Albertan children.
Adoption Workers will work closely with children and adoptive parents in finding permanency matches, and transitioning and supporting the family through the post placement phases. Adoption Workers facilitate this process by working with adoptive applicants through the application process to receive approval to become an adoptive family; they will also assist in the delivery of Information Sessions to those interested in pursuing foster care/adoption. The Adoption Worker also answers questions from Caseworkers, Supervisors, Foster parents, Kinship parents with respect to adoption application criteria for child specific adoption.
This is a challenging and rewarding opportunity for individuals who possess strong verbal and written communication skills and are able to connect with people from a wide range of backgrounds/cultures. You must be able to utilize your knowledge of related community supports as well as draw upon your ability to build relationships with families.
Bachelor of Social Work and some related casework, adoption and/or permanency experience. The following equivalencies will be considered. Masters of Social Work (some experience required); OR related university degree and 2 years related experience; OR related diploma and 3 years related experience. Experience working with Aboriginal clients will be considered an asset.
$2368.82 - $3062.14 bi-weekly
- Recruitment process will include a written exercise and personal interview.
- Please indicate which locations within Region 6 you are interested in. Please visit our website at
- In accordance with the Health Professions Act, any successful applicant who possesses a BSW, MSW, or Diploma in Social Work from an Alberta College is required to register and maintain registration with the Alberta College of Social Workers.
- This competition will be used to create a list of successful applicants to be placed in permanent and temporary vacancies throughout the region.
- Final candidates will be asked to undergo security screening.
- This role requires that you have a valid Driver's License and access to transportation.
- To begin or continue working for the Government of Alberta, you must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or have a valid work permit issued by the Government of Canada.
How to Apply
Online applications are preferred at
When you apply online, please ensure your cover letter and resume are submitted as one file. Submit your resume quoting the competition number to c/o Liliane Karara, Human Resources Assistant, 3rd Floor, Centre West Building, 10035 - 108 Street, Edmonton, AB T5J 3E1 Phone: (780) 643-1092 Fax: (780) 427-1018. If you are unable to apply online, please submit your resume, quoting the competition number to email@example.com. Applicants who apply online will be able to track the status of this competition, and will receive an email within 24 hours that their resume has been received.
It is recommended that applicants who have obtained educational credentials from outside of Canada and have not had them previously assessed, obtain an evaluation of their credentials from the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) -
It is recommended that applicants include the assessment certificate from IQAS or any other educational assessment service as part of their application.
We thank all candidates for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' education and experience best meets the needs of the position. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
Return to Previous Page
Default Local Node: