Return to Previous Page
May 12, 2014
Treasury Board and Finance
Alberta Tax and Revenue Administration (TRA)
TRA is responsible for the collection of revenue and the administration of Alberta's tax, revenue and related benefit programs. The focus of our organization is to ensure a fair, efficient and effective provincial tax and revenue system.
For further information about Alberta Treasury Board and Finance, see our website at
Are you inquisitive? Do you work well with others? Have you considered a career as a tax auditor? We need your taxation and audit skills to ensure that Alberta taxes, as well as credits and rebates, are reported accurately.
We currently have a Commodity Tax Auditor position available. This position will be located in Calgary or Edmonton. As a Commodity Tax Auditor, your primary role will be to perform low- and medium-risk tax audits, participate in audit planning and collaborate in complex field audits. This position will also provide you experience utilizing computerized auditing techniques and interpreting complex tax legislation.
To be successful in this position you must possess the following competencies:
- Exceptional problem-solving skills to collect a breadth of information, review taxpayers' records and operations, and make a choice between potential solutions, and use judgement to develop pros and cons when evaluating alternatives considering the implications of proposed solutions.
- Ability to develop networks by actively supporting the interests of colleagues, clients and stakeholders by making choices and setting priorities that incorporate their needs.
- Ability to anticipate, assess, and readily adapt to changing priorities by being open to new or diverse ideas, and to doing things in a new way.
- Communication skills (verbal and written) to clearly convey and receive technical and non-technical messages while managing multiple deliverables and deadlines concurrently.
In addition, you must be able to work on large team audits under the direction of a senior auditor, to determine compliance with the applicable legislation.
A university degree in commerce, finance, accounting, or business administration plus a minimum 1 year of related experience in accounting, taxation administration or audit is required.
- Completion of, or enrollment in a professional accounting designation (CA, CMA, and CGA)
Equivalencies will be considered as follows:
- A related diploma plus a minimum of 3 years' directly related experience in accounting, taxation administration or audit required.
$2,113.48 - $2,772.38 bi-weekly ($55,161 - $72,359 annually)
Final candidates will be asked to undergo a security screening. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies. Travel will be required. Interviews are scheduled to begin approximately the week of May 26, 2014.
How to Apply
Online applications are preferred. If you are unable to submit an electronic version of your resume, please submit your resume, quoting the Job ID, to: Human Resource Services, Treasury Board and Finance, 522 Terrace Building, 9515 - 107 Street, Edmonton, AB, T5K 2C3. Phone: (780) 427-3070; Fax: (780) 422-0421.
Applicants who apply online will be able to track the status of their application. Note: As only one file can be uploaded, please ensure your cover letter; resume and any other related documents are submitted in one file.
Please see the attached position description for a detailed list of the job responsibilities:
If you require any further information on this job posting, please contact Tricia Shapiro at Phone: (780) 427-3070 or e-mail: (Tricia.Shapiro@gov.ab.ca). We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' education and experience best meets the needs of the position. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
Return to Previous Page
Default Local Node: