Program Coordinator (Historic Dunvegan)
Return to Previous Page
March 5, 2014
Program Services 2
Historic Dunvegan Provincial Park is a seasonal historic site located approximately 600 km northwest of Edmonton near the town of Fairview. Four historic buildings and a visitor centre provide the backdrop for interpretive tours, education programs and special events during the summer months. We currently have an opportunity for a temporary full time Program Coordinator to lead daily operations of the site.
Reporting to the Facility Supervisor in Edmonton, the successful candidate will be responsible for the daily operation of the historic site at Historic Dunvegan Provincial Park primarily through managing and supervising seasonal staff, administering interpretation, education and special event programs, and working with a team of Heritage, Parks and Infrastructure colleagues to maintain the site. The position includes responsibility for the daily administration, financial expenditures, being a liaison for building maintenance and security of the site, supervision of seasonal staff and volunteers and providing excellent customer service to visitors of the site.
As the successful applicant, you will support and provide guidance to a seasonal staff, communicate with the Facility Supervisor and provide a superior visitor experience. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Managing program bookings and assisting seasonal staff with implementing and performing programs to school age children, seniors and other visitors to the site.
- Managing a small team of seasonal staff through training, scheduling, and regular staff meetings.
- Performing regular administrative duties including collecting and completing regular reports on visitor statistics, financial information and daily operations.
- Communicating regularly with the Facility Supervisor and other colleagues on the Site Operations Committee.
- Participating in marketing and promotion of the site including organizing advertisements and managing the Historic Dunvegan Facebook account.
- Serving as a liaison and working with the Fort Dunvegan Historic Society, Alberta Parks and Alberta Infrastructure in running the site.
The successful applicant will also have the opportunity to participate in the planning and development of programs and summer events and will gain an extensive knowledge of the history of fur trade, mission and Aboriginal events in Alberta. The ideal applicant will be highly adaptable to new and changing situations, be capable of absorbing and utilizing a high volume of information in a short period of time and possess excellent organizational and communication skills. He or she must also have strong leadership skills, be able to work in a highly collaborative team setting and be able to balance the needs of a mix of new and returning seasonal employees.
A bachelor's degree in museum studies, history, education or a related field. Equivalencies will be considered. Demonstrable skills in organization, communication and leadership are required. Previous experience working at historic sites or museums would be an asset.
$2,113.48 - $2,772.38 bi-weekly ($55,161 - $72,359 annually)
This is a one year temporary position (maternity leave coveroff). Working on some weekends and statutory holidays throughout the summer are required in this position. Occasional travel will also be required. Must have a valid driver's license and a good driving record. Successful candidates will be required to undergo security screening.
How to Apply
Online applications are preferred. To apply online, please visit
Note: As only one file can be uploaded, please ensure your cover letter, resume and any other related documents are submitted in one file. If you are unable to submit an electronic version of your resume, please submit your resume, quoting the Job ID to: Linda Yan, Culture, 7th floor Standard Life Centre 10405 Jasper Avenue, Edmonton, AB, T5J 4R7.
Fax: (780) 422-3142.Applicants who apply online will be able to track the status of their application.
If you require any further information on this job posting, please contact Human Resources at
(780) 427-2546 We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' education and experience best meets the needs of the position. Only individuals selected for interview will be contacted.
Please see the attached position description for a detailed list of the job responsibilities:
Return to Previous Page
Default Local Node: