Manager - Litigation Support
Return to Previous Page
January 29, 2014
Manager, Zone 2
A successful society is defined by its people and the opportunities available for them to fully and actively participate in all aspects of life and provide for their families. Human Services works to foster a society in which families are secure and resilient, individuals have safe, sustainable employment, vulnerable Albertans have the supports they require, and no one is left behind. You can be part of helping us make a difference!
Do you thrive on working in a legal environment where the nature of the work is process-driven and attention to detail is of utmost importance? If you want to take your leadership skills to the next level and seek out unique solutions within the parameters of legislation, Ministry policies and litigation processes and procedures, this may be the position you have been searching for.
The Legal Services Branch provides legal services to the Department of 7000+ employees across 300 sites throughout the province. The focus of this position is to mitigate legal risk to the Ministry through strategic management of litigation activity and through strategic oversight of document production and preservation.
To be successful?
You will demonstrate well-honed competencies in the following areas:
- Leadership: Positively influences people and events. Leadership at all levels is foundational to our department's work and staff development.
- Analysis and Problem-Solving: Ability to assess options and implications in order to identify a solution.
- Strategic Thinking: Taking a broad scale, long-term view, assessing options and implications, understands the strategic direction of the organization.
- Relationship Building: Develops and maintains win/win relationships and partnerships; builds effective working relationships, networks of contacts and partnerships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Impact and Influence: Persuading, convincing and/or winning others over in order to achieve organizational goals and objectives.
You will have experience managing high profile projects and working with a variety of stakeholders. Excellent written and verbal communication are also essential. Take your career to the next level in this challenging and rewarding position while developing a new skill set.
University graduation in a field related preferably in Social Sciences, supplemented by three years related experience. Knowledge of the legal process, government policies and ministry programs is required. Related experience or education may be considered as an equivalency on a one for one basis.
$2,936.39 - $3,951.53 (bi-weekly)
This competition is a temporary position to backfill for one year.
How to Apply
Online applications are preferred. Note: As only one file can be uploaded, please ensure your cover letter, resume and any other related documents are submitted in one file. Applicants who apply online will be able to track the status of this competition.
If you are unable to apply online, please submit your cover letter and resume, quoting the Job ID, to Alexandra Clarke, Human Resources, Alberta Human Services, 10035-108 street, Edmonton AB, T5J 3E1. Phone: (780) 408-8492; Fax: (780) 644-4962.
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' education and experience best meets the needs of the position. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
Return to Previous Page
Default Local Node: