Honoraria: Co-Chairs and Members, Family & Community Engagement Councils
Return to Previous Page
March 17, 2014
WANTED: CO-CHAIRS AND MEMBERS - PROVINCE-WIDE
The Ministry of Human Services works to foster a society in which families are safe and resilient, individuals have sustainable employment, and vulnerable Albertans have the supports they require. Human Services works with community partners to deliver citizen-centred programs and services that improve quality of life for Albertans.
Complete information about our Ministry, programs and services is available on-line at:
We're recruiting volunteer members for our new Family and Community Engagement Councils (FCECs). The councils are accountable to the Minister of Human Services for engaging communities on social issues and gathering feedback to direct policy at a strategic level.
As a FCEC member you will spend up to 20 hours a month:
- Working with communities and a range of partners to identify social policy issues and potential solutions
- Engaging communities on strategic and policy directions respecting social-based services under the mandate of Human Services
- Making recommendations on the needs and issues in their community
- Informing the Minister on how policy directions are achieved and sharing successes with the community
Council members will have:
- Fundamental knowledge and understanding of social-based issues in their region
- A strong connection to their community
- The ability to foster discussion on matters of strategic importance
- The ability to build on existing community relationships and linkages with other key stakeholders and community leaders
- The ability to work as part of a group while being persuasive, assertive and flexible
- Computer literacy and awareness of social media
FCEC volunteers are reimbursed for expenses and receive honoraria for their services:
$164.00 for up to and including 4 hours in any day
$290.00 for up to and including 8 hours in any day
$427.00 for over 8 hours in any day
$219.00 for up to and including 4 hours in any day
$383.00 for up to and including 8 hours in any day
$601.00 for over 8 hours in any day
FCEC volunteers are appointed by the Minister of Human Services as either a co-chair or member following a selection process that usually takes about four to five months from the last day of interviews. For more information on the selection process, please see:
How to Apply
Complete the on-line application found at:
and submit it with your resume in PDF or Word format by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or print and complete the application and mail it with your resume to Governance Services Group, Alberta Human Services, 3rd floor, Sterling Place, 9940-106 Street NW, Edmonton, AB T5K 2N2. Or fax the completed application and your resume to 780-644-6880. For more information, please call 780-422-5679.
Review the complete list of competencies found here:
for more detail.
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
Return to Previous Page
Default Local Node: