Return to Previous Page
December 15, 2013
Program Services 3
The Housing division works with over 200 organizations, including municipalities, housing management bodies, and non-profit and private sector organizations, to ensure stable and sustainable lower-cost housing for Albertans in need. Support is required for a mix of existing and new housing options for families, individuals, seniors and people with special needs.
The Housing division:
- Delivers capital programs to increase the province's supply of affordable housing and provide a mix of housing solutions.
- Builds new housing capital stock to replace its aging portfolio under regeneration and replaces/repairs capital stock under its insurance agreements.
- Monitors housing agreements related to affordable housing units.
- Manages the administration of six rent supplement programs to over 13,000 Albertans and other grant initiatives delivered by more than 40 agencies throughout the province.
- Ensures effective management of the operations of over 26,000 government-owned and/or supported housing units (including over 1500 properties and numerous land holdings) held by the Alberta Social Housing Corporation (ASHC).
A university degree in a related field (public policy, social sciences, public administration, or other related discipline) supplemented with a minimum of two years of progressively responsible related experience. Experience in a government environment, in policy development, legislation planning, raw data analysis, project management, and knowledge of the housing market will be assets. Equivalencies will be considered.
$2,420.93 to $3,175.47 bi-weekly
Final candidates may be asked to undergo pre-employment checks; this competition may be used to fill current and future vacancies across government.
How to Apply
Online applications are preferred. Note: As only one file can be uploaded, please ensure your cover letter, resume and any other related documents are submitted in one file. Applicants who apply online will be able to track the status of this competition.
If you are unable to apply online, please submit your cover letter and resume, quoting the Job ID, to: Martin Sasseville, Municipal Affairs, Human Resource Services, 18th Floor, Commerce Place, 10155 - 102 Street, Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 4L4 or Fax: (780) 422-0214.
It is recommended that applicants who have obtained educational credentials from outside of Canada and have not had them previously assessed, obtain an evaluation of their credentials from the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) -
It is recommended that applicants include the assessment certificate from IQAS or any other educational assessment service as part of their application.
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' education and experience best meets the needs of the position. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
If you require any further information on this job posting, please contact Pam Ewanchuk at firstname.lastname@example.org. If this competition is closed as per the closing date noted above, please continue to check
for a listing of current career opportunities with the Government of Alberta.
Return to Previous Page
Default Local Node: