Return to Previous Page
Extended: November 25, 2013
Program Services 3
Service Alberta touches the lives of Albertans every day, whether they are buying a home, registering a vehicle, getting married, incorporating a business, or looking for information about the province's consumer programs and legislation. Albertans are accessing many of the services, products and information provided by our Ministry.
Our Ministry also plays a central role in the operations of government, with responsibilities for information technology, information management policy and standards, telecommunications support, print, mail and courier delivery services, and business services that include financial operations, payroll services and procurement.
Our employees, who work hard to meet the needs of Albertans and other ministries, are committed to the common visions and values of the Government of Alberta - respect, accountability, integrity, and excellence.
To learn more about us, visit
Are you looking for a challenging opportunity where you can utilize your communication and problem solving skills? If so, this position may be for you.
The Crown Debt Collections (CDC) team provides a variety of services to Government of Alberta (GoA) Ministries including in-house collections, contract management and Paralegal work.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Conduct in-depth review of (GoA) Ministry overdue accounts which can include diverse and complex subject matters, create and maintain electronic and hardcopy files for each account and determine next step strategies;
- Investigate facts surrounding accounts and advise parties of available resolutions including repayment arrangements and schedules;
- Communicate account information to collection agencies and work with agencies on resolutions.
- Prepare and file legal documents such as Statements of Claim, Default Judgments, Applications, Orders, and various types of Affidavits in accordance with the Alberta Rules of Court.
- Arrange for service upon parties.
- File documents with Clerk of the Court.
- Perform research in various databases and utilize legal remedies to maximize account recovery such as Garnishee Summons and Writs of Enforcement.
- Register Writs with Personal Property Registry (PPR) and Land Titles and attach property for security on outstanding accounts.
- Draft and file Certificate of Satisfaction with Clerk of the Court and discharge registrations with PPR and Land Titles as required.
- Represent the Crown's position at mediation hearings, pre-trial conferences and Provincial Court trials.
- Assist with gathering and organizing documents for Judgment renewals and litigation matters in Court of Queen's Bench.
Your communication skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks will assist you in being successful in this role.
University graduation in a related field or a Legal Assistant Diploma plus 4 years related experience. Knowledge of accounting principles and Provincial Court processes is required.
$2,420.93 - $3,175.47 bi-weekly ($63,186 - $82,879 annually)
This is a 1 year temporary salaried position with a possibility of extension. Secondments will be considered.
How to Apply
Online applications are preferred. If you are unable to submit an electronic version of your resume, please submit your resume, quoting the Job ID number, to: Heather Osbak, Service Alberta, 2nd Floor, Telus Plaza, North Tower, 10025 Jasper Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 1S6. Phone: (780) 427-2497. Fax: (780) 415-6091.
Applicants who apply online will receive an automated confirmation their resume has been received.
To learn more about the requirements of the job, click here:
If you require any further information on this job posting, please contact Heather Osbak at Phone: (780) 427-2497 or e-mail: (Heather.m.Osbak@gov.ab.ca).
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' education and experience best meets the needs of the position. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
Return to Previous Page
Default Local Node: