Return to Previous Page
November 1, 2013
Administrative Support 3
Justice and Solicitor General
Alberta Justice and Solicitor General, Edmonton - Are you a dedicated team player looking for an opportunity to work within the Alberta Courts? The Edmonton Court of Appeal/Court of Queen's Bench has an opportunity for you as Court Orderly. In this role you will provide support to the Justices and the staff of the Court of Appeal and the Court of Queen's Bench. If you are a self-motivated individual who enjoys a fast-paced environment, has excellent customer service and communication skills, and the ability to multitask, then we are interested in speaking with you!
As a Court Orderly your key responsibilities are:
- Preparing the courtrooms and the retiring rooms for sittings
- Picking up and delivering files, books and other materials
- Preparing all outgoing mail, as well as retrieving, sorting and delivering incoming mail
- Arranging for pick up and delivery of Judges? court clothing for dry cleaning services
- Assisting in organizing meetings and meeting rooms
- Organizing court functions as required
- Coordinating Counsel attending for appointments
- Performing miscellaneous tasks as requested by the judges and their staff
- Greeting and escorting approved visitors
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Computer knowledge (MS Office - Word and Excel, Outlook or GroupWise email systems)
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to change
- Well developed multi-tasking, organizational and time management skills
- The ability to work calmly and efficiently in a highly stressful environment while representing the Courts tactfully in a professional manner, with dignity and decorum befitting within the court environment
High School diploma with at least one year or related experience. Computer knowledge (Word, Excel, Outlook or Novell GroupWise) is also required.
$1,437.35 to $1,749.11 bi-weekly
Final candidates will be asked to undergo security screening. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies.
Good mobility and the ability to lift a weight of 25 lbs. (e.g. when packing and moving materials) is required.
How to Apply
Online applications are preferred. Note: As only one file can be uploaded, please ensure your cover letter, resume and any other related documents are submitted in one file. Applicants who apply online will be able to track the status of this competition.
Please provide a valid e-mail address with your application as your interview invitation will be sent out via e-mail.
If you are unable to apply online, please submit your cover letter and resume, quoting the Job ID, to Megan Turcot at: Alberta Justice and Solicitor General, Human Resources Services, 2nd Floor, 108 Street Building, 9942 108 Street NW, Edmonton, Alberta, T5K 2J5; Fax: 780-643-9425.
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' education and experience best meets the needs of the position. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
If you require any further information on this job posting, please contact Megan Turcot at email@example.com.
Return to Previous Page
Default Local Node: