Regional Infrastructure Finance & Administration Support
Return to Previous Page
October 29, 2013
Administrative Support 5
Tourism, Parks and Recreation
The Parks Division is seeking a talented and enthusiastic administrative professional to provide support to the South Region.
Reporting to the Regional Controller, the Regional Infrastructure Finance & Administration Support will provide a broad spectrum of administrative duties required to deliver the Regional Infrastructure Program - Capital Construction/Major Repairs/Maintenance. Some key responsibilities include:
- Review and monitor all financial transactions for compliance with acts, regulations, policies, guidelines and procedures to meet internal audit requirements.
- Processing all financial transactions for the Infrastructure Section in accordance with directed electronic business systems (i.e. IMAGIS, EPS, ExClaim, MasterCard, Electronic Purchasing, etc.)
- Reconciling expenditures against spending plans.
- Preparing and administering construction contracts, consulting agreements and major repair/maintenance contracts.
- Providing administrative and program support in personnel/human resources - e.g. assist staff with timesheets, payroll benefit regulations, policies/procedures, human resource directives and collective agreements.
- Administering records within approved government and divisional standards and guidelines for effective and efficient records storage and retrievals.
To be successful in this role, you must possess excellent organizational, problem solving and verbal and written communication skills. You must work well independently but are also a strong team player. Your work must exhibit a strong attention to detail and accuracy, and you are able to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment. You must also have a sound knowledge of contract policies and procedures, accounting principles and administration. Your resume must exhibit substantial experience working with Microsoft Word and Excel.
A high school diploma with at least 5 years related experience is required. Experience in in financial forecasting and budget tracking is required. A related diploma (e.g. business administration, accounting, etc.) is considered an asset. Experience working in government business systems such as IMAGIS, ExClaim, MyAgent, Alberta Purchasing Connection (APC), Contract Management System (CMS) and ARTS considered an asset. Equivalencies will be considered. Candidates with lesser qualifications may be considered at a lower classification and salary.
$1,724.26 - $2,111.09 biweekly ($45,003 - $55,099 annually)
This competition may be used to fill current and future vacancies at the same classification and salary level across the government. Final candidates may be required to undergo a security screening.
How to Apply
Online applications are preferred. To apply online, please visit
Note: As only one file can be uploaded, please ensure your cover letter; resume and any other related documents are submitted in one file. If you are unable to submit an electronic version of your resume, please submit your resume, quoting the Job ID, to: Mihaela Petreanu, Tourism, Parks and Recreation, 7th floor Standard Life Centre 10405 Jasper Avenue, Edmonton, AB, T5J 4R7. Fax: (780) 422-3142. Applicants who apply online will be able to track the status of their application.
If you require any further information on this job posting, please contact Mihaela Petreanu at email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' education and experience best meets the needs of the position. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about Alberta Tourism, Parks and Recreation and what it has to offer, follow this link:
Return to Previous Page
Default Local Node: