Return to Previous Page
October 28, 2013
Human Services Worker 7
Alberta Human Services
Leader. Collaborator. Planner. Have you got what it takes to lead a busy team who provide high quality and culturally sensitive services to children and families? If so, you could become one of Edmonton and Area (Region 6) Child & Family Services Authority's Casework Supervisors!
As a supervisor, you will utilize your solid leadership and team building skills to maintain and enhance a strong and effective team that embraces change. This will be done by setting both individual and unit goals and providing ongoing case consultation. It is essential that your team provides a positive link to the community as they are providing services to children, youth and families in the areas of Investigations, Case Management, Family Enhancement and Permanent Guardianship.
Your extensive knowledge of Intervention Services legislation and policy, child abuse and neglect, family dynamics, case management, team building and community resources will assist you in this role. Well developed clinical skills are essential as are excellent communication, consultation and organizational skills and the ability to handle a wide variety of work demands within short time frames.
Qualifications: MSW/BSW supplemented by considerable related experience delivering Child Intervention services- 3 years of front line intervention/permanency casework experience in the last five years. Related degree or diploma and extensive related experience will be considered. Experience working with communities and families is essential. Experience in or knowledge of Aboriginal communities would be an asset. Experience dealing with a multi-cultural and perhaps multi-language based caseload would be beneficial.
* Previous supervisory experience is required for this role. Please ensure to include any and all supervisory experiences within a business environment in your application.
Bi-weekly Salary Range: $2,692.53 - $3,486.76
- Recruitment process will include a written exercise and personal interview.
- Successful applicants who have an MSW, BSW, or SW Diploma (SW Dip from an Alberta College) will be required to register and maintain registration with the Alberta College of Social Workers.
- The successful candidate will require a valid Alberta Driver's License and have access to a reliable vehicle that meets the requirements of the Authority.
- Final candidates for this position will be asked to undergo a security screening and an Intervention Services Prior Involvement check.
- This competition will be used to fill permanent and temporary vacancies in any of the Neighbourhood Centres within the Edmonton and Area Child and Family Service Authority.
- For information regarding Region 6, Edmonton and Area CFSA, please visit our website at the following address:
How to Apply
Online applications are preferred. If you apply online, please ensure your cover letter and resume are submitted as one file. To apply online visit www.gov.ab.ca/jobs or submit your resume quoting the competition number to HS.email@example.com c/o Nichole Petrovic, Human Resource Assistant, 3rd Floor, Centre West Building, 10035 - 108 Street, Edmonton, AB T5J 3E1 Phone: (780) 638-3521 Fax: (780) 427-1018. Applicants who apply online will be able to track the status of this competition, and will receive an email within 24 hours that their resume has been received.
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' education and experience best meets the needs of the position. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
Return to Previous Page
Default Local Node: