Return to Previous Page
September 10, 2013
Justice and Solicitor General
Do you enjoy a challenge? Do you possess excellent scheduling skills; have great communication and organizational skills? Lethbridge Court of Queen's Bench is currently searching for a Trial Coordinator to join their dynamic team. In these positions your ability to use judgment while prioritizing work will play a vital role in ensuring justice is delivered without delay.
As a member of our Lethbridge Court of Queen's Bench Team, your responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring and overall coordination of trials, pre-trial/preliminary conferences, and Judicial Dispute Resolutions, in accordance with guidelines established by the Chief Justice.
- Serving as a liaison between Justices, counsel, court management and staff for all Court scheduling matters.
- Knowledge of court procedures and relevant legislation will allow you to deal quickly with the complex technical problems presented in the efficient scheduling of hearings, motions, trials and various other matters before the court.
As the ideal candidate you possess:
- Excellent knowledge of relevant legislation, court procedures and case flow management techniques.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and problem solving skills. You excel under stress.
- A working knowledge of JOIN.
- An excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel.
- Well-developed organizational skills, time management skills, and the ability to multi-task effectively among high-level priorities in a busy environment.
- A high degree of professionalism and the ability to work with confidential and sensitive information.
- A commitment to working in a team environment.
- Willingness to work overtime.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and high volume environment.
A two-year diploma in a related field plus 3 years of related experience. Preference will be given to those with experience in a legal environment. Customer service experience is an asset. Experience with JOIN, Microsoft Word and Excel is preferred. Equivalencies will be considered.
$1,910.26 - $2,485.01 bi-weekly
Final candidates will be asked to go for a typing test and security screening. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies.
How to Apply
Online applications are preferred. If you apply online, please ensure your cover letter and resume are submitted as one file. If you are unable to apply online, please submit your cover letter and resume, quoting the Job ID, to: Loreen Klassen, Alberta Justice and Solicitor General, AMEC Place, 2640, 801 6 Avenue SW, Calgary, AB T2P 3W2. Phone: (403) 355-4744 Fax: (403) 355-4747. Applicants who apply online will be able to track the status of this competition.
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' education and experience best meets the needs of the position. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. Applicants who apply online will receive an e-mail acknowledging receipt of their application. If you require any further information on this job posting, please contact Loreen Klassen at Phone: (403) 355-4744 or e-mail: (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Return to Previous Page
Default Local Node: