Commissioner Oaths Assistant
Return to Previous Page
August 23, 2013
Administrative Support 4
Justice and Solicitor General
Alberta Justice and Solicitor General is looking for an Administrative Support professional to join its Official Documents and Appointments branch.
Under the direction of the Registrar, Official Document and Appointments, the position is responsible for:
- Contributing to the implementation and maintenance of the appointments as Commissioner for Oaths and Notaries Public.
- Preparing Certificates of Authentication and correspondence for the Registrar's signature
- Preparing daily, weekly and monthly reports
- Providing records management and disposition services
- Assisting in all administrative aspects of the office, including cover-off duties for daily deposits and reception
The successful candidates will have:
- Demonstrated experience in an administrative support capacity, including the ability to deal with the public
- Organizational and time management skills, including the ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to convey relevant aspects of legislation, policies and procedures to the public in a professional and efficient manner
- Ability to take initiative and work under minimal supervision
- Accurate and efficient data entry skills as well as proficiency in Microsoft Office
High School Diploma and a minimum of 2 years of related experience. Preference with be given to candidates with administrative experience in a legal environment or large, public setting.
Equivalencies will be considered.
$1,582.24 - $1,933.21 bi-weekly
How to Apply
Online applications are preferred. If you are unable to submit an electronic version of your resume, please submit your resume, quoting the Job ID, to Ashley Turlione, Alberta Justice and Solicitor General, 2nd Floor, 108 Street Building, 9942 108 Street NW, Edmonton, AB, T5K 2J5. Phone: (780) 427-9286 Fax: (780) 643-9425. Applicants who apply online will be able to track the status of their application. Note: As only one file can be uploaded, please ensure your cover letter, resume and any other related documents are submitted in one file.
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' education and experience best meets the needs of the position. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
Return to Previous Page
Default Local Node: