Return to Previous Page
August 11, 2013
Administrative Support 5
Enterprise and Advanced Education
Education and entrepreneurship are cornerstones of the dynamic economy that Albertans continue to build through their knowledge, adaptability and entrepreneurial spirit. As a department, we work to align economic development activities in the province with post-secondary education, including apprenticeship programing, entrepreneurship, industry training, workforce development, immigration, research and innovation. For more information on the work of our ministry please visit: Alberta Enterprise and Advanced Education
Keen eye for details? Strong interpersonal skills? Like to have your thumb on the pulse of every project? Interested in legislation, regulations, agencies and boards, government approval processes? If this sounds like you, we have an opportunity that would be a great fit!
Our Legislative and Governance Services Branch of Enterprise & Advanced Education works with program areas across the department to ensure corresponding legislation meets their needs and aligns with approved policies and programs. The Branch also plays a central role for the ministry in the areas of public agency governance and board appointments.
As a key member of our team, you:
- thrive in a dynamic environment
- believe in relationship building and collaboration
- have keen attention to detail
- have excellent problem solving skills
- bring a high level of professionalism and a proactive, service excellence approach to your work
- bring strong communication skills
Key responsibilities include:
- supporting the Branch Head
- branch lead on administrative matter, including establishing and prioritizing daily office activities
- branch lead on financial matters (eg, management of branch expenditures, ensuring compliance with all relevant GOA policies and procedures, maintaining and reconciling a procurement card, processing expense claims)
- branch lead utilizing ARTS system for preparing correspondence and also responding to Action Requests
- records management
- drafting/proofing ministerial correspondence, letters, memoranda, and briefing information
- coordinating travel / accommodation arrangements
High School Diploma supplemented by minimum three years of related experience. A relevant certificate or Diploma is preferred. Experience with ARTS, budget and forecast management, expense claims, and records management is required. Experience with drafting correspondence is considered an asset. Advanced user level of Microsoft Office Suite (including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is required. Equivalencies will be considered.
$1,724.26 to $2,111.09 Bi-weekly. (Approximately $45,003 to $55,099 per annum)
What we offer:
- Comprehensive benefits plan: Bargaining Unit Employees
- Pension plan: Non-Management Employees
- Leadership and mentorship programs
- Professional learning and development
- Positive workplace culture and work-life balance
This competition may be used to fill current and future vacancies across government.
How to Apply
Online applications are preferred. If you require more information regarding this posting please contact our office at 780/427-2210. If you apply online, please address your cover letter and resume to Human Resources and ensure that they are submitted as one file. If you are unable to apply online, please submit your cover letter and resume, quoting the Job ID, to: email@example.com or to Alberta Enterprise and Advanced Education, Human Resources, 500, Phipps-McKinnon, 10020-101A Avenue Edmonton, Alberta T5J 3G2. Fax: 780/427 3316. Applicants who apply online will be able to track the status of this competition.
It is recommended that applicants who have obtained educational credentials from outside of Canada and have not had them previously assessed, obtain an evaluation of their credentials from the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) -
It is recommended that applicants include the assessment certificate from IQAS or any other educational assessment service as part of their application.
We thank all candidates for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' education and experience best meets the needs of the position. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
Return to Previous Page
Default Local Node: