Judicial Clerk / Senior Judicial Clerk
Return to Previous Page
August 5, 2013
Judicial Clerk/Senior Judicial Clerk
Justice and Solicitor General
If you thrive in a continually evolving work environment, and are client driven, we have a position for you! Drumheller Court Services has a permanent, full-time, Judicial Clerk position available in a combined Queen's Bench/Provincial Court office.
As a Judicial Clerk, you will represent the administration of both courts in a responsible and professional manner that reflects the fair and equitable delivery of justice in Alberta.
Working within a team environment your responsibilities will include:
- Accurately preparing and arranging daily court files
- Completing all court related data entry into Alberta Justice Databases
- Contributing positively and actively sharing information with the entire Court Services Team, and other Alberta Justice Stakeholders
- Calling court to order, swearing in witnesses, maintaining the order and dignity of the courtroom, cataloguing and securing court exhibits and creating an accurate record of court proceedings
- Traveling to circuit court locations to provide onsite paralegal support to both the Court and counter service as required
As the ideal candidate you possess:
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail while working in highly stressful conditions
- The ability to multi-task and complete all duties while working within tight deadlines
- The ability to adapt to frequent change in a demanding work environment
- Exceptional communication, both written and verbal, skills and a strong client focus
- Experience using computer software programs
- Experience in accurately processing large volumes of cash transactions
- The ability to succeed both in a team environment and independently, while at all times embodying the Values of the Alberta Public Service of Integrity, Respect, Accountability and Excellence
- The flexability to work overtime as required
High School Diploma plus 6 months of administrative/office experience is required. Post secondary education and/or court related experience will be considered an asset. Cash experience is preferred. Equivalencies may be considered.
$1,511.95 to $2,184.24 bi-weekly
Final candidates will be asked to undergo security screening. A valid driver's license is required. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at an equal or less classifications.
How to Apply
Online applications are preferred. Note: As only one file can be uploaded, please ensure your cover letter, resume and any other related documents are submitted in one file. Applicants who apply online will be able to track the status of this competition.
Please provide a valid e-mail address with your application as your interview invitation will be sent out via e-mail.
If you are unable to apply online, please submit your cover letter and resume, quoting the Job ID, to Ashley Turlione at: Alberta Justice and Solicitor General, 2nd Floor, 108 Street Building, 9942 108 Street NW, Edmonton, AB, T5K 2J5; Fax: 780-643-9425.
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' education and experience best meets the needs of the position. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
If you require any further information on this job posting, please contact Ashley Turlione at Phone: 780-427-9286 or E-mail: email@example.com.
Return to Previous Page
Default Local Node: