Digital Media Coordinator
Return to Previous Page
August 11, 2013.
Program Services 2.
Alberta Culture, Drumheller - The Royal Tyrrell Museum's mandate is to be an internationally recognized public and scientific museum. We are currently seeking a Digital Media Coordinator to assist us in this endeavor. The primary responsibilities include producing multimedia content to support the Museum's exhibitions, collections, and related activities, in addition to managing the website. This is a full-time position that will report to the Director of Exhibits and Communications.
- To utilize a range of technologies such as digital video and imaging production, website development and maintenance, and interactive media to produce compelling content that will enhance both off- and on-site experiences for diverse audiences (adults, families, students and youth, educators);
- To collaborate with multiple program areas - including marketing, communications, education, curatorial, publications, and graphic design - to adapt existing material or produce original content that meets the Museum's interpretive goals, promotional direction, deepens visitor engagement, encourages personal creativity, and enriches public understanding of palaeontology;
- To monitor and evaluate visitor experience on tyrrellmuseum.com, providing recommendations for improvement and implementing any updates;
- To perform any SEO services needed including performing term mining for relevant keywords and phrases, updating page text with relevant terms, changing page names as needed, updating title tags, meta tags, alt tags, etc.
- To provide other assistance to the Exhibits and Communications program area as required
The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate currency with new developments in multimedia solutions, technologies, delivery, and user-interface design. Energy, enthusiasm, creativity, initiative, and innovation are all key qualities for this role.
A Bachelor's degree in a related field is required. A related diploma supplemented by a minimum two years' related experience will also be considered. Related work or academic experience in HTML, Flash, ActionScript, CSS & CSS-based design, and Java script is required. Experience with RedDot CMS is a strong asset. Experience in a Museum or cultural setting is an asset.
$2,113.48 - $2,772.38 bi-weekly ($55,161 - $72,359 annually).
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies. Successful applicants will be required to undergo security screening.
How to Apply
Online applications are preferred. To apply online, please visit
Note: As only one file can be uploaded, please ensure your cover letter, resume and any other related documents are submitted in one file. If you are unable to submit an electronic version of your resume, please submit your resume, quoting the Job ID, to: Mechelle Silveira, Culture, 7th floor Standard Life Centre 10405 Jasper Avenue, Edmonton, AB, T5J 4R7. Fax: (780) 422-3142. Applicants who apply online will be able to track the status of their application.
If you require any further information on this job posting, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' education and experience best meets the needs of the position. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
Return to Previous Page
Default Local Node: