Facility and Program Assistant (Wage Opportunity)
Return to Previous Page
July 12, 2013.
Administrative Support 3.
Tourism, Parks and Recreation.
We are seeking a dynamic and motivated individual with strong organizational and interpersonal skills to work with Visitor Services staff, park visitors including the general public, teachers, students, and facility users at Fish Creek Provincial Park. Based out of the Fish Creek Environmental Learning Centre and Bow Valley Ranch Visitor Centre the successful candidate will be part of a team that provides curriculum-connected environmental education programs, public programs, special events, and written publications and resources. The individual will also act as the front-line contact for general inquiries and visitors to the Park.
This position will be responsible for:
- Assisting in delivery of K ? Gr. 6 Environmental Education programs including volunteer orientations, general Park introductions for groups and monitoring program equipment;
- Assisting with the set-up and delivery of a variety of public programs and events;
- Administrative duties including program bookings, developing and maintaining facility rental schedules, cleaning schedules, monitoring and supplying input for Park website and social media outlets;
- Act as the point of contact for groups and visitors to the Fish Creek Environmental Learning Centre and Bow Valley Ranch Visitor Centre answering telephone, email and personal inquiries and directing requests to the appropriate staff.
Related Duties include:
- Assisting with the booking of the Parks? K ? Gr. 6 environmental education program including cooperating in classroom/facility coordination
- Liaise with Park education partners and support of existing partnerships;
- Assist with the development and enhancement of environmental education support materials including desk topping of program resources and marketing materials;
- Assist in planning and implementation of ongoing special events and public programs.
- Work in relief for other Administrative Support personnel in the cover off of annual leave, appointments, etc.
To be successful in this position you will require:
- Flexibility and experience in working in public facilities, working with a wide range of individuals and groups;
- An understanding of the Alberta Parks network, in particular the Calgary Management Area, its value and role in enhancing the quality of life for Albertans;
- The ability to effectively manage your time and cooperate with others in the coordination of facility space, resources and programs;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Experience in promoting programs and events via, print and web-based media;
- Strong working knowledge and experience with computer software including Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Pro and Pagemaker programs or equivalents.
- High School diploma, plus 2 years related experience working in public facilities and/or program delivery and assistance, equivalencies may be considered
- Experience in working with a variety of computer software and web-based media as well as a variety of office and A/V equipment
- A valid Class 5 driver?s license
- First Aid with CPR (AED) certification, required upon commencement.
- Current Security Clearance (including vulnerable sector), required upon commencement.
Wage: $19.82 per hour
This is a Wage opportunity ending on or before March 31, 2014.
This position will split its? time between two different facilities within Fish Creek Provincial Park. Candidates must be able to travel to and work from either as required. The position will be required to work evenings and weekends at various times throughout the term.
How to Apply
Please submit cover letter and resume along with three (3) professional references by email to:
Environmental Education Coordinator
Fish Creek Provincial Park
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
Return to Previous Page
Default Local Node: