Ministry Consultation and Engagement Advisor
Return to Previous Page
June 19, 2013.
Program Services 4.
Tourism, Parks and Recreation.
Tourism, Parks and Recreation, Edmonton - Alberta Parks is looking for a Ministry Consultation and Engagement Advisor to play a significant role in supporting the Ministry's commitment to engage and consult with Aboriginal communities, stakeholders and the general public.
Reporting to the Ministry Consultation and Engagement Manager, this position will provide guidance and advice to the Ministry's business units, supporting the development and implementation of departmental consultation policy processes, facilitating discussion and coordinating consultation activities within the Ministry to ensure effective consultation and engagement occurs and are part of the Department's strategies and operational initiatives and resource management decisions. To elaborate, some of the key responsibilities of this position include:
- Coordinating the design and implementation of public and stakeholder involvement strategies to review and provide input into planning processes.
- Developing materials and undertaking initiatives that enhance public and stakeholder understanding of Alberta's parks program.
- Assisting other Parks Division staff in organizing, hosting, chairing and facilitating public participation events such as open houses and workshops.
- Liaising with Treaty organizations and Aboriginal communities.
- Assisting with the Ministry's Aboriginal consultation processes to inform and seek input from the Aboriginal communities that maximize the value of input collected and to enable the effective and efficient synthesis and implementation of results.
- Designing, coordinating and implementing Aboriginal consultation plans.
- Preparing briefing materials and other correspondence for relevant issues on behalf of the Minister, executive and the senior management team.
The ideal candidate will possess strong team leadership, consultation, facilitation, and verbal and written communication and presentation skills. They must also have distinguished analytical thinking, cross-cultural communication and conflict resolution skills. This candidate must be able to plan, implement and coordinate multiple program processes involving a multitude of clientele. An understanding of Aboriginal, stakeholder, public and community issues in the natural resources sector will be very helpful.
Requires university graduation in a related field (e.g. political science, environmental education, business administration, etc.) plus 4 years progressively responsible related experience in areas such as natural resource management, park management, stakeholder consultation, community engagement, and First Nations consultation. Experience working with Alberta First Nations and Metis communities is a definite asset. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook is preferred. Equivalencies will be considered. Candidates with lesser qualifications may be considered at a lower classification and salary.
$2,596.42 - $3,403.56 bi-weekly ($67,766 - $88,832 annually).
The successful applicant must be willing to travel frequently and possess a valid Class 5 driver's license. Final candidates for this position will be asked to undergo a security screening. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies.
How to Apply
Online applications are preferred. To apply online, please visit
Note: As only one file can be uploaded, please ensure your cover letter, resume and any other related documents are submitted in one file. If you are unable to submit an electronic version of your resume, please submit your resume, quoting the Job ID, to: Mihaela Petreanu, Tourism, Parks and Recreation, 7th floor Standard Life Centre 10405 Jasper Avenue, Edmonton, AB, T5J 4R7. Fax: (780) 422-3142. Applicants who apply online will be able to track the status of their application.
If you require any further information on this job posting, please contact Jana Chehayeb at Jana.Chehayeb@gov.ab.ca. We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' education and experience best meets the needs of the position. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
Return to Previous Page
Default Local Node: