Return to Previous Page
May 11, 2013
Executive Support 1
The Safe, Fair, and Healthy Workplaces division of Human Services (formally Employment and Immigration) is responsible for all policy and program development in the areas of Occupational Health and Safety, Employment Standards and Labour Relations in Alberta.
What we offer:
- A positive culture with a strong emphasis on personal and professional growth and, work-life balance.
- A small and friendly in-office team.
- Capacity to take ownership of your role and pursue areas of individual interest.
The Assistant Deputy Minister's (ADM) office of Safe, Fair and Healthy Workplaces is looking for two (2) experienced executive administrative professionals to join their team and provide reliable executive-level administrative support to the ADM and Division Executive Operations Manager.
Reporting to the Division Executive Operations Manager, the Executive Coordinators are jointly responsible for primarily managing the ADM's administrative and operational service requirements by performing a diverse range of complex executive support functions including:
- Monitoring, creating, editing, formatting and tracking Action Requests from the Minister and Deputy Minister for completion by required date using ARTS (the Action Request Tracking System).
- Ensuring the ADM is prepared for meetings, visits and travel by providing secretarial support, as well as calendar scheduling, travel arrangements, meeting preparation, and mail tracking and distribution support.
- Composing general correspondence and drafting responses to public enquiries for the ADM's signature.
- Researching information and providing briefing notes and background materials for the office.
- Independently manage and maintain financial transactions involving the ADM's office including budget and expense entry into the appropriate system.
The Executive Coordinators work as a team in this fast paced, high pressure environment to resolve complex issues and ensure timely satisfaction of tasks.
To be the successful incumbent, applicants must also possess:
- Sound judgment and well developed program planning and project management skills.
- Client service-focus attitude with the ability to look at the big picture, to identify issues and work with department personnel to resolve or recommend solutions.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills along with a positive attitude to establish strong working relationships with staff at all levels.
- Ability to exercise discretion, and apply good judgment in handling sensitive situations and highly confidential information.
- Strong writing skills to ensure all correspondence meets departmental standards.
The successful incumbent must have a High School Diploma with a minimum of 2 years administrative experience or equivalent working with senior to executive level office management; greater years of experience is preferred. Extensive experience with Microsoft Office suite is required; ARTS and PeopleSoft applications experience is preferred.
$1,582.24 - $2,102.47 bi-weekly ($42,296 - $54,874).
1. Candidates will be asked to participate in some skills testing within various computer applications, such as MS Word, and administrative functions.
2. Final candidates will be asked to undergo a security screening.
How to Apply
Online applications are preferred. If you apply online, please ensure your cover letter and resume are submitted as one file. If you are unable to apply online, please submit your cover letter and resume, quoting the Job ID 1016978, to: Brennan MacGregor, Alberta Human Services, Standard Life Bldg, #120 Mezzanine Level, 10405 Jasper Ave, Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 4R7. Phone: (780) 427-3763; Fax: (780) 415-2003. Applicants who apply online will be able to track the status of this competition.
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' education and experience best meets the needs of the position. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
Return to Previous Page
Default Local Node: