Return to Previous Page
May 2, 2013
Administrative Support 5 (015ASA)
Justice and Solicitor General
The Law Enforcement Review Board is an independent quasi-judicial body established under the Alberta Police Act. The principal activity of the board is to hear appeals from citizens and police officers, separate and apart from the police service involved regarding officer conduct.
Reporting to the Board Secretary, the Associate Secretary is responsible for the case management and processing of appeals that come before the board. Key functions include coordinating the exchange of information between the parties, drafting correspondence, scheduling hearings, recording proceedings, reviewing and formatting board decisions and maintaining statistical information and record keeping. This position is required to deal effectively in responding to queries from the public, legal counsel and police services regarding the appeal process. All work is performed within the parameters of relevant legislation, regulations, policies, plans and procedures.
The successful candidate will have :
- Organizational, administrative, and time management skills, including the ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of administrative processes and experience with application of legislation and regulations
- Verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to interpret and convey relevant aspects of legislation, policies, regulations, and procedures
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Commitment to accuracy, confidentiality, tact and diplomacy
- Proficient computer and keyboarding skills (i.e. Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Ability to interact with others in a professional manner
- Ability to travel as required
High School Diploma and a minimum of three years related experience. Preference will be given to candidates with experience working in a quasi-judicial or administrative tribunal setting. Experience with FTR recording equipment will be beneficial.
Equivalencies will be considered.
$1,724.26 - $2,111.09 bi-weekly
This competition will be used to fill both permanent and temporary positions for current and future vacancies.
Candidate with lesser qualifications may be considered at a lower classification and salary.
Final candidates for this position will be asked to undergo a Security Screening.
How to Apply
Online applications are preferred. Applicants who apply online will be able to track the status of their application. Note: As only one file can be uploaded, please ensure your cover letter, resume and any other related documents are submitted in one file.
If you need further information please contact Nicole Ford at 780-427-2942.
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' education and experience best meets the needs of the position.
Please have a valid email address as only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted via email.
Return to Previous Page
Default Local Node: