Return to Previous Page
May 3, 2013
Administrative Support 5
Justice and Solicitor General
Looking for an opportunity to expand your skills and help guide your career path? If you thrive in an environment where you can showcase your enthusiasm and utilize multi-faceted, well-rounded administrative support skills, this is the job for you.
We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic person to take charge of our team's administrative support requirements. This position is responsible for coordinating a complete range of administrative services to the professional and contract staff of the Alberta Justice and Solicitor General Staff College, as well as functioning as Administrative Assistant to the Executive Director of the Staff College. The position will also be responsible for supervising an administrative support team (two administrative support staff).
The position entails:
- Providing administrative expertise and assistance to the Executive Director of the Staff College
- Maintaining a file and record management system
- Various accounting functions (reconciliation, purchasing)
- Preparing correspondence, meeting minutes and other materials
- Calendar scheduling, travel arrangements
- Supervision of support staff (an administration team of two)
The ideal candidate will have:
- Superior organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A strong work ethic
- The ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Superb interpersonal skills
- A proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- An excellent understanding of purchasing policies and records management
High school diploma plus 3 years of related experience. Preference will be given to those with a diploma in Office Administration and experience in a government environment. Equivalencies will be considered. A cover letter is required.
$1,724.26 to $2,111.09 bi-weekly
Final candidates for this position will be asked to undergo a security screening. This competition may be used to fill current and future temporary and permanent vacancies. Secondments will be considered.
How to Apply
Please submit your application on-line by clicking on the button "APPLY NOW" below. Applicants can track competition status on-line. Only one file can be uploaded. Please ensure your cover letter; resume and any other related documents are submitted in one file. PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS AND JOB ID 1016854 ON YOUR APPLICATION.
Due to the large volume of applicants, we cannot confirm that our office has received resumes.
Kayla Wells, Alberta Justice and Solicitor General, Human Resource Services, 9th Floor John E. Brownlee Building, 10365 - 97 Street, Edmonton, Alberta T5J 3W7. Fax: 780-644-1395
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' education and experience best meets the needs of the position. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
If this competition is closed as per the closing date noted above, please continue to check
for a listing of current career opportunities with the Government of Alberta.
Return to Previous Page
Default Local Node: