Return to Previous Page
April 30, 2013
Medical and Health 2
Justice and Solicitor General
Do you possess strong knowledge of anatomy and physiology and have a knack for investigative work? Are you looking for an opportunity to join a devoted team and utilized this knowledge? If so, we invite you to join the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner within the Justice Services Division.
For more information about Alberta Justice and Attorney General, visit our website at:
Information regarding the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner can be found by visiting our website at:
The staff members of the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner are committed to the provision of high quality services to Albertans. Activities performed enable the Office to Certify the cause and manner of death in accordance with the Fatalities Inquiries Act; provide forensic service, assisting and educating the Albertans in time of grief; and develop and maintain a center of excellence in forensic pathology and toxicology
Here is your opportunity to use your excellent investigative, paramedical and interpersonal skills. The Medical Examiner's Office in Calgary has a 60% Permanent Part-time (21.75 hours per week) opportunity for a Death Investigator that you may be interested in. The role is responsible for conducting investigations into sudden and/or unexplained deaths to assist in the determination of cause and manner of death. Investigators are required to be available on a 24-hour basis.
- Examining the scene of death
- Interviewing witnesses
- Researching and documenting information regarding the deceased person and providing it to the attending Medical Examiner
- Communicating with family, physicians, Pathologists and other professionals
- Handling inquiries from police physicians, media, family and other investigators or Medical Examiners
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Exceptional analysis and problem solving skills
- Sufficient medical knowledge and awareness of accepted international classification of deceased terminology
- Knowledge of Fatality Inquiries Act, Vital Statistics Act, Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act
- An ability to interact with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Knowledge of organ and tissue donation process
Degree related to the position and one (1) year of related experience. Equivalencies will be considered.
$1,663.43 - $2,116.15 bi-weekly
This is a permanent 60% part-time position available on a 24 hour basis, through shift work and on-call in Calgary, Alberta. Final candidates will be required to undergo a security screening. This competition may be used to fill future permanent and temporary vacancies.
How to Apply
Online applications are preferred. If you apply online, please ensure your cover letter and resume are submitted as one file. If you are unable to apply online, please submit your cover letter and resume, quoting the Job ID, to: Shelly Connolley, Alberta Justice and Solicitor General, AMEC Place, 2640, 801 6 Avenue SW, Calgary, AB T2P 3W2. Phone: (403) 355-4740 Fax: (403) 355-4747. Applicants who apply online will be able to track the status of this competition.
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' education and experience best meets the needs of the position. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. Applicants who apply online will receive an e-mail acknowledging receipt of their application. If you require any further information on this job posting, please contact Shelly Connolley at Phone: (403) 355-4740 or e-mail: (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Return to Previous Page
Default Local Node: